Butterfly Bye Bye

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My end starts at the beginning...the very beginning!

I HATE my tattoo…it was never what I planned.  And despite two cover-up attempts, it is still not the beautiful butterfly I had imagined daintily poised on my ankle.  Instead, it is a massive blob of color and black lines that is a faint resemblance of such. 

Some of the comments I have received over the various iterations are:

Tattoo 1 – inked 1995 – “What is that??”  (I think that says it all)

Cover-up 1 – inked 1998 – “Why do you have a butterfly in a spider web?”

(It was supposed to be a flower behind the butterfly that the artist deemed necessary to provide the proper balance between light and dark.  You see, the blob was born.)

Cover-up 2 – inked 2007 – “Is that a Pterodactyl on your ankle?”    “It looks like one of those Rorschach tests.”   “It could be a butterfly kite.” 

This butterfly has been my nemesis for long enough!   I finally decided against the 3rd cover-up attempt (crazy I know) and am taking real (painful) action to remove it.  This is my story…

Butterfly ~ Bye - Bye!!

1 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Beck said...

    Do you have any pics of the old tattoos? It would be interesting to see what lies beneath, the skin, beneath the skin, beneath the skin...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home